Friday, June 19, 2009

{ Father’s Day Gift Idea }

1 Box of Whoppers and some paper =
I have been ‘trying’ to get these done for the last 4 days but finally found some time today to get them put together. I should have done them when I found the ideas earlier this month. Oh well at least I got them done right? (I made 3: one for Dad & two for G-pa’s) 
They only take about 15 minutes, so if you have a box of Whoppers, some scrapbook paper/cardstock & the time to watch a short video tutorial then you can make this quick and cute little gift. If I can do it anyone can. :)
The Whopper box idea I got from this Blog and the Shirt & Tie Tutorial from this BlogI just combined the 2 together.
Don’t know if this will help or not but here are my paper measurements for the Box O’ Whoppers:
*Tan Cardstock: This is the paper that says Happy Fathers Day DAD, this paper I ran through the printer: 8 1/4 x 3 inches (cut 2)
*Green Cardstock: 5 1/2 x 12 you may have to add a little sliver in the back I did but that’s no biggie.
*Plaid Paper: 4 1/2 x 8 1/4 I just butted up the edges of the plaid paper that wraps around the box to the shirt paper. 
Clear as mud? Good :)
Paper Shirt & Tie Video Tutorial found here.
Have a Super Fabulous Father’s Day Weekend!
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Great idea... Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Great idea for achievement day girls or cub scouts. Thanks. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute..love the paper you used..perfect for men. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute! We're making Bakerella's cupcake burger and fries but adding cupcake icecream cones and I found mini coke glasses at the $ store today. Should be a cute little old fashioned burger basket dessert after the AAA Rainiers baseball game. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So So Cute!!! I cannot believe you had that perfect plaid paper for the shirt. Adorable!
    Also, I'm right there with you on the Pottery Barn books. They would make any girl drowl. I got the few that I have from Costco a few years back. But I guarentee you I didn't pay $2 or $3 dollars a piece. Way to go. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours its great! Can't wait to visit again soon!
    ♥ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love the combination of the two ideas & whoppers-Yum! Makes for the sweetest gift! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're awesome! I guess it would help to have a dad to have to give one to. I took mine out for father's day on thursday. Doing NOTHING tomorrow since the dork i live with did NOTHING for me for mother's day and i do mean nothing. It was 4pm before anyone said happy mother's day to me. Glad it comes first b/c i'm following suit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute, great advice.
    OMG! This is awesome. Thanks for the advice. You can also check Fathers Day Discounted Suits. Its

    also a great gift idea for dads out there this coming Fathers day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my stink! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute idea! I'll have to remember that for next year

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Why Yes Please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails