Wednesday, February 13, 2008

{ Chocolate Sheet Cake }



Photo via: The Pioneer Woman Cooks
This is hands down the best Chocolate Sheet Cake I have ever had. 
E.V.E.R.
I give all credit to Ree from The Pioneer Woman Cooks
I was even asked by Parker if I could make another one as soon as this one was gone. Seriously try it your going to love it! 
This one is going into my book of recipes for sure. 
Well, off I got to finish getting stuff ready, I am "teaching" and I use that term lightly, a Sugar Cookie class this morning for our Enrichment. 

Pioneer Woman Chocolate Sheet Cake


Combine in a mixing bowl:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a saucepan, melt:
2 sticks butter
Add 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa. Stir together.
Add 1 cup boiling water,
allow mixture to boil for 30 seconds, then turn off heat.
Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.
In measuring cup,

pour 1/2 cup buttermilk.
Add:2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture.
Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes.

While cake is baking, make icing:
Chop 1/2 cup pecans finely.
Melt 1 3/4 sticks butter in a saucepan.
Add 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa, stir to combine, then turn off heat.
Add:6 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 lb minus 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Stir together. Add pecans, stir together, and pour over warm cake.
Cut into squares, take your insulin, and eat. 

You, my friend have just made the best chocolate sheet cake. 
Ever.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. My mom makes this exact recipe. It really is the best! I have a pumpkin sheet cake that is delish as well.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good!
    I think they're charging admission for the next quilting class, it has to be chocolate. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what she said before you got there ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I printed off all you recipes tonight, I am so excited to use them!

    Thank you again for my cute cute blog I have gotten lots of comments on how cute it is and one friend asking if I could help her with her's, not to much help in that department I told her that my cousin gets all the credit.

    Thanks again!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you post recipes. I tried your baked alfredo and it WAS GOOD! we all loved it. even little Gingi..she isn't really picky anyway. Thanks Rach!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Why Yes Please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails